Wednesday 7 November 2012

Sweet Pure Honey: BeeHave Honey Strong Ale Review

Growing up, alcoholic beverages were not a part of my life. I don't feel I missed out in any way, shape or form, but I do remember one time, when I was younger, taking a sip of some home-made, dry, red wine and thinking it the most obtrusively abhorrent taste to have ever entered my mouth. Needless to say, I was in no rush to pursue this, or any other alcoholic type of beverage, when I became old enough to legally indulge.

thus, I never endeavoured in trying a beer until I met my husband. Hayden had grown a taste for beer only a short time before we met, and I thought one night I would try a bit. I wasn't completely convinced or impressed, if I can be completely honest. But as time wore on and Hayden would try new brands and variations from all over the world(he never liked the typical brands most drink), I began to acquire a taste for it, enjoying one here and there with him. Till one day, as I found myself contemplating a beer and turning my nose up on a particular brand, I realized with shock that I had become….*gasp* a beer snob.

I have my preferences now and my favourite go-to's when we decide to indulge now and then. Even with my gluten sensitivity, I still enjoy an occasional beer, regardless the outcome, as I am reluctant to completely forego partaking in this fabulously brewed beverage, not that it happens that often anyway. And thank goodness too, because along came, into my life, this fabulous lady, Stella, and her out-of-this-world honey, Sweet Pure Honey. What does honey have to do with beer? Absolutely everything when this decadent honey is transformed into the most delightful Honey Strong Ale ever to be found.


That's right, you heard, er, read me. Sweet Pure Honey has joined forces with a brewery in Montana, and their rich, delicate, nutrient packed, raw honey, is blended in perfect harmony with hops and Rye, to create one of the finest Rye Ales on the market. This I say with absolute confidence. I first heard of this marriage of decadent tastes, this past summer, when brewing had already commenced, and I have been on the edge of my seat with anticipation on the outcome, and to taste this marvel in a bottle, ever since. Finally the day has arrived! Bee-Have Honey Strong Ale is available for purchase and consumption! Head over to Trackside Liquor Store to pick yours up!

To set the mood on the brilliance you're about to partake in, Bee-Have is, and I quote "A beer of harmony and collabeeration, the Bee-Have Honey Strong Ale illustrates the epic results of the combination the two best countries have to offer. Brewed in site of the Bridger range and the Spanish peaks in Montana with "Sweet Pure Honey" from the fragrant prairie of Porcupine Plains, Saskatchewan, this international effort is sure to please palates of all kinds."

Eeek! How can one be anything but excited! But there's more to further tantalize those taste buds of yours. 

"The malted barley used in this unique brew is complimented by the subtle spiciness of rye. Bittering and flavour hop additions help keep this brew extremely balanced. In addition, there is a mild sweetness, that dulls any overwhelming rye or hop flavour, derived from Sweet Pure Honey."

"These ingredients blend together to create a lighter bodied drinking experience for beer drinkers from all persuasions…"

Thus, it was with great anticipation that Hayden and I bundled up and set out for a beer tasting down the road! That first initial sip solidified all my expectations and beyond! It was just enough to wet my tongue and spark the desire for more. The next day, Hayden and I split a bottle (Bee-Have Honey Ale comes in a whopping 650mL Glass bottle and is 5.6% Alc./Vol) as it would be too much for either of us to drink on our own. Never before have I tasted a beer so smooth. The hops in many other beers can almost sting your throat, or give a tingling sensation, as you swallow. Not an always enjoyable experience for everyone. I was expecting and waiting for this to happen with my first mouthful and was shocked and delighted when none came. Just a rich, smoothness pouring down my throat.


The taste was light, slightly sweet (though barely perceptible, so fear not those who despise sweet drinks. It's not an overwhelming sweetness in any way, just enough of a hint to please the palate), and despite the lightness, very full. Whether you love a strong, dark port beer or a light, pale ale, you're sure to love everything Bee-Have has to offer, and like me, you'll keep coming back for more. You may want to eat something whilst drinking this remarkable beer, or you may find yourself feeling the effects in no time. It was all I could do to force myself to sip and enjoy each mouthful and not pour back my glass in one fell swoop. How else can I describe this enchanting Ale? Bee-Have is an elixir of mingling flavour, seemingly poured forth from the the light of the heavens. If the Northern Lights could be reached and encapsulated in a bottle for our pleasure and enjoyment, this is what it would taste like. How's that?

If you love beer, then I encourage you to try Bee-have Honey Strong Ale. If you don't like beer, then I encourage you to try Bee-Have. :) Others, who don't care for the beer variety of beverage, have found themselves enjoying this new Honey Strong Ale, so before you write it off completely, give it a try.

Bee-Have will be available for purchase all year round (can I get a woop woop?) and will be available in 650mL Glass bottles, as well as on tap, at Trackside Liquor Store, so don't forget to pick up your "growler" (for on tap beers), singles or 12 pack today!

Enjoy and remember to please drink responsibly and don't drink and drive!

Comment below and let me know how you liked Bee-Have Honey Strong Ale! Everyone has their own likes and dislikes and I'm curious to know if Bee-Have worked wonders on your palate as it did mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment