Tuesday 13 November 2012

Thai Basil Pesto Zucchini with Shrimp

I have found a new fondness for zucchini. It's not that I ever "disliked" zucchini, I just never ate them. We sure eat zucchini now….a lot….all the time. My poor hubby, somedays I'm sure he's tired of eating the same veggies and raw foods over and over. At least I turn the repeat veggies into unique creations, so hopefully stifling the boredom that could ensue with the monotony of the same thing, day in and day out.

As I was perusing my go to blog sites, for some more dinner ideas, I came across the following recipe at Healthful Pursuit. I thought we should give it a try, thus try we did…and liked it too! (The pics are also a bit better now, as we won a new wee camera, complete with macro! woot woot).

To see the original recipe by Healthful Pursuit, click here. Or, keep reading! Enjoy!

WARMED THAI BASIL ZUCCHINI PASTA WITH GARLIC SHRIMP


My "zucchini noodles" are not as thin and fine as they should be, but I don't own a spiralizer….yet. It's on my ever growing foodie wishlist. :)

If you don't own a spiralizer, slice your zucchini into1/4 inch slices

Then slice lengthwise to create strips

Place Zucchini "noodles" aside in a bowl

Fry up your shrimp with some butter (or whatever oil you like best) and garlic

Once cooked, remove from heat and set aside

Melt coconut oil in a deep frying pan. Once hot, add the zucchini

Add a few spoonfuls of some Thai Basil Pesto

Throw on your shrimp

Stir together and suppers ready! Simple, fast and easy!

Ingredients:

Serves approx 2-3

- 4 Tbsp Basil Pesto
- 2 large or 3 medium zucchini, shredded in a spirializer or finely shredded
- Cooked shrimp (as much as you desire, or omit altogether)
- Small chunk of butter
- Fresh Garlic or Garlic powder, to taste
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin coconut oil
- Celtic sea salt, to taste
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste

Directions:

- Melt butter on medium heat in a small sauce pan
- Cook Shrimp and add garlic, then set aside.
- In a medium frying pan, melt coconut oil on medium heat
- Add zucchini noodles and cook for 30 seconds, just to warm up
- Add pesto and shrimp and stir to coat. Cook for another 30 seconds
- Transfer to a plate and garnish with salt and pepper, and if you like, some parsley and a lemon wedge

There you have it! A delicious dinner for the whole family that is healthy, easy, quick and not full of processed chemicals. 


Happy Eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment