Sometimes, when it comes to preparing a meal, it's nice to have something so simple that it takes under 10 minutes to prepare. No baking or cooking required. Thursdays have become a day for such meals, as I now am the new Winter Market manager and thus am away from about 1:30 till 8:30pm. It can be a bit difficult to prepare a healthy meal for myself and my man and wee one when I'm not even at home to make it. A crockpot is a great alternative for these days, but not always the best solution depending on what we have in our cupboards and fridge.
Therefore, aside from having a frozen pizza or homemade meat pie awaiting my love, I'll try to have something pre-made and in the fridge for him. Today's recipe was the result of one such occasion and was delicious, healthy and, like I said before, so incredibly easy.
Hope you enjoy!
TUNA CHARD WRAPS WITH DILL SAUCE
ingredients for these wraps and sauce
- 4 leaves of Swiss chard (2 per person)
- 1 cup leftover fresh tuna or 1 cup (approx 2 cans) of canned tuna*
- 4 Tbsp full fat organic coconut milk. I used the cream from the top of the can
- 4 green onions
- 2 Tbsp fresh dill (if you don't have fresh, then add dried dill to taste)
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan or Celtic sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
*You are looking for mercury free tuna. If you can't find it, salmon will work well also
- Lay the Swiss chard leaves face down, so that the stem is visible. Run a small knife along the stem to remove the bulk of it, but not so much that the full leaf separates. Repeat for the remaining leaves and set aside.
- Place coconut milk, green onions, dill, lemon juice, and salt in a blender and blend until smooth.
using the magic bullet
- Place tuna in a small bowl, combine with 1/2 the sauce, and sprinkle with pepper.
- Divide the tuna mix and place on each leaf. Roll the leaf tightly (be gentle!) and cut down the middle.
- Place on a plate with extra lemon, remaining sauce and veggie sticks.
And there you have a simple, healthy, delicious, unprocessed, fresh meal for lunch or supper! Hope you enjoy.