Tuesday 1 January 2013

A Greener New Year To You!

As any, and probably every, blogger does, one must take a look back at the year past and share some fond reminiscing. It's what we do :) 2012 was a remarkable year. It started off with a bang when my darling little girl was born on January 17th. Along with all the changes that accompany a newborn and being a first time parent, my journey to a healthier lifestyle took off full force, and amazingly, this blog exploded! I think back on all 24 businesses that Growing Green featured, and it's been incredible. I was so privileged to meet so many wonderful, new people, tried many new products, and discovered greener ways to live and support those around me, all the while encouraging others to follow suit. My eyes were opened to the bigger picture in many ways, and my ignorance of topics, such as food production and big market monopolies, melted away to reveal the ugly truth, but more on that at another time.

2012 was a year that I actively pursued one dream, while another dream came true. I pursued the dream to write and capture the attention of others with my words, and I became a mom. A dream I've had for years. While both are amazing and wonderful, both come with their fair share of challenges. But it's those challenges that excite and encourage me to dig deeper and go further and see what more can come of this life adventure I've undertaken. With an amazing husband by my side and an adorably cute little girl, I strive to learn, to experiment with cooking and baking, to dare to try new things, to continue to de-clutter and organize the chaos around me, and to build on existing relationships, while forging new ones. I've helped with the challenge of facilitating a year-round market in Medicine Hat and hope that we can continue into 2013 with more force and support then we started with in 2012. It takes you to make it a success.

As I look forward into 2013, I see the sky as the limit. I'd love to see this blog grow to amazing, new heights, with new features continuing all year long, and perhaps turning this "hobby" into a "job" that can help support my family financially. I'd love to pay off our debt. I'd love to see the Winter Market become a smashing success with the difficulty changing from getting vendors out, to trying to juggle a plethora of them. I'd love to be able to go back to school to become a Holistic Health Coach and help those around me with living healthier. I'd love to see my husband pursue his dreams and dive into a profession that he's passionate about and loves. I'd love to see our beautiful family of 3 become a thriving family of 4. I'd love to take a vacation with my husband and unwind. But mostly, I can't wait to see where God is going to take us next, whether we are to stay put for a while longer, or take the plunge and move on. That's a lot to think about for one year, especially when the years fly by so fast these days. However one must have dreams in order to pursue change of any kind, otherwise, the hard, cold truth of being stuck in a rut is inevitable. Dream big and reach for the stars.

I hope you all have an amazing 2013 and that you make the most of it, striving to live a greener, healthier life, supporting those around you, invoking change, and being real. Make the most of every day, laugh often, create memories, love deeply, encourage greatly, and dare to take the risk.

Thank you for being a supporter of Growing Green and I hope you will continue to read what I have to write and maybe even share your thoughts back with me. The first 4 months have been a pleasure. Here's to many, many more!

No comments:

Post a Comment