Wednesday 19 September 2012

Quinoa Salad

Today has been one of those days. You know the ones where you're not sick, you just feel a bit "off"? It began with arising to a nice headache this morning, that has continued to stay with me for the duration of the day, despite the attempt of tylenol. This was added to when my ear started to ache as well. I think it's going to be an early night for me tonight.

Thus, I had intended on doing a post on the Beauty Detox today, however, that will just have to wait for another day, when I can think straight again. However, I still give you a delicious recipe! This requires very little thought, so you can enjoy without having to think too hard yourself. :)

I made this recipe up, knowing I wanted quinoa for supper, so I just found a bunch of other great veggies and made it a dish that was delish. (cheesy, I know ;) )

Here's my version of QUINOA SALAD (gluten free)



Ingredients:

1 cup organic quinoa
2 cups water
1 local, organic pepper
1 organic celery
handful of local radishes
2-3 local, organic rainbow carrots (or whatever carrots you have)
handful of mushrooms
1-2 cloves garlic
dash of salt and pepper or any other spices you prefer
(you can adjust amounts of veggies and types depending on your tastes)

Directions:

Add quinoa and water to a pot, bring to a boil, then reduce to simmer with lid until water is absorbed completely (about 10-15 min). Fluff with a fork and set aside.


Lightly saute mushrooms with a bit of butter and minced garlic (or for Vegan and Dairy free options, use Vegan butter or coconut oil).


Grate the carrots


thinly slice the radishes and chop the pepper and celery into small pieces


Add the mushrooms, mix well, add the other veggies, mix well.


Add the salt and pepper, serve and enjoy!




The only veggies cooked in this meal are the mushrooms. Everything else is left in it's raw form to preserve all the natural vitamins and minerals.

I hope you enjoy it as much as I did!

Happy Eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment