Wednesday 10 October 2012

Gluten Free Pasta with Zucchini and Lentils

I'm so thankful that I live in a time where gluten free is really not a big deal. There are so many options available, that those of us who either choose to be, or need to be, gluten free, can still feel like we are able to partake in delicious meals that include breads and pasta. This meal is no exception. I bought some brown rice pasta for this simple, but yummy dish.


I found this recipe on a blog called For the Love of Food. It's a fantastic blog filled with delicious recipes that I encourage you to check out and try it. Today's recipe can be found here, but I'll also post the details below :D I can't take any credit for this recipe, but am so thankful I found it. My husband and I both enjoyed this meal, and it will appear again on my menu, you can be sure of that.

GLUTEN FREE ZUCCHINI AND LENTIL PASTA


Ingredients:

1 cup of organic lentils
2 cups water
4 medium zucchini, diced
1 small yellow onion (or half a medium onion), diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 Tbsp coconut oil (or another oil for high-heat)
1 pound pasta (Quinoa, brown rice, etc)
Juice from 1 lemon
Extra virgin olive oil
Freshly-ground black pepper and sea salt to taste


Directions:

Preheat oven to 450 degrees

Add lentils and water to a medium pot. Bring to a boil and then lower to a simmer and let cook until lentils are tender and liquid is evaporated, about 30 minutes. Set aside.

Meanwhile, toss zucchini with onions, garlic, and oil and lay flat in a single layer on a sheet pan. Roast for 15 minutes, turning at least once, until zucchini is tender and golden brown. Remove from oven and set aside.

While lentils and zucchini are cooking, boil water for pasta and cook according to directions. Toss lentils, zucchini and pasta together with lemon juice. Drizzle with olive oil and top with black pepper and salt to taste. Serve warm.


Happy Eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment